A comprehensive new business intake system requires three elements at its core: workflows, forms and integration with firm’s systems and applications.
Compliguard Flow is a next generation workflow application designed from the ground up to automate new business intake and lateral hire intake processes throughout every stage of the new business review and approval process. It delivers one of the most sophisticated yet easy to use workflow design environments, a visual forms designer, and out of the box integration with virtually all business-critical law firm applications.
Compliguard Flow is built as a set of law-firm specific templates that extend the capabilities of Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation. The application’s unique template-based approach allows it to be easily tailored to the specific new business intake needs of the firm.
Compliguard Flow provides the industry’s most comprehensive set of new business intake and lateral hire workflow templates and out-of-the-box integration with all leading law firms’ systems and applications including CRM, document and records management, time and billing, docketing and financial systems. This, in conjunction with best practices and industry-leading subject matter expertise, reduces the implementation time significantly and delivers low total cost of ownership.
Create and Modify Workflows with Ease
Reduce implementation and deployment time drastically. Visually create and modify workflows in Microsoft Visio and minimize dependence on IT resources.
Comply with Global Rules & Regulations
Ensure firm-wide compliance with ethical and regulatory requirements including SRA Code of Conduct, KYC and AML.
Implement with Speed & Efficiency
Pre‐built templates for workflows, forms and reports eliminates guesswork during process definition, significantly reduces implementation and deployment timelines.
Built on Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation
Take advantage of legal-specific functionality on the proven Microsoft plaform to run the firm’s critical processes.
Comprehensive Business Review Process
Manage and track intake requests, conflicts checks, waiver and engagement letters, creation of client/matter numbers and matter folders, and information barriers.
Reporting, Audit Trail, Notifications
Comprehensive reporting, notification and audit capabilities ensure that all protocols have been followed before a client/matter number is issued.
Full Support for the Mobile Lawyer
Infuse speed and agility into the new business intake process by managing processes, tasks and approvals on the go, directly from smart phones such as the BlackBerry and the iPhone.
Seamless Integration with Firm’s Systems
Out-of-the‐box integration with the firm’s CRM, DM, RM, time and billing, financial and HR applications. Supports all major applications including Elite, LegalKEY, Autonomy iManage, Open Text eDOCS, DTE, PeopleSoft, InterAction, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Business Logic & Application Specific Features
- Efficient, easy and monitored communication across user groups
- Ability to track the progress of pending client/matter forms
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Quick access to existing client/matter information
- Ability to re-use existing details or previous forms as a template
- Single key entry and change tracking
- Unlimited notifications at any step of the workflow
- Ability to initiate creation of enterprise matter workspaces, folders and information barriers as early as possible in the process
- Native Exchange integration for e-mail based approvals
- Full support for the mobile lawyer with approvals from the BlackBerry
- Changes to business process, conditions or client/matter form can be implemented in-house
- Lateral Hire Specific Functionality
- Confidentiality — Enables law firms and lateral prospects to share necessary information for evaluating the business opportunity in a secure environment
- Risk Mitigation — Documents every step in the conflict clearing process and intake processes, including waiver and engagement letters
- Adaptability — Allows firms to modify forms, routing and other intake-related protocols as business needs change
- Thorough Evaluation — Provides a mechanism for in-depth information gathering, reporting and analysis prior to accepting new laterals
- Profitability — Helps speed the lateral hire conflicts clearing and intake processes so that billable work can begin faster
- Transitioning — Populates other firm systems (e.g. ethical walls, document management, records management) integral to intake
- Microsoft technology stack
- .NET Framework
- Windows Workflow Foundation at its core, with application-specific extensions
- Leverages SQL Server 2005 or 2008 as its database
- Zero desktop footprint (supports Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome)
- Centralized, browser-based administration
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Out of the box integration with leading financial, CRM, DM, RM, time and billing systems, and more
- Published Web Services APIs for easy integration with bespoke systems and applications