Law firms are required to control access to ‘sensitive’ information under their care. Information can be deemed sensitive and require safeguarding for ethical and/or privacy reasons as defined by the firm itself, its clients, guidelines and regulatory requirements (e.g. ABA, EU, PI) or the courts. Securing information access across all firm personnel, offices and technology systems is no easy task. Traditional approaches that rely on fee earners and support staff to enforce confidentiality are no longer sufficient to satisfy client’s needs and regulatory requirements.
Compliguard Protect is an enterprise ethical walls system designed for law firms to manage confidentiality, protect sensitive information and reduce risk exposure by establishing, monitoring and updating security from a single point of entry for all mission-critical firm systems and content, in real-time.
Compliguard Protect 6 sets the new gold standard for law firm ethical walls, information barriers and confidentiality management, featuring advanced new functionality and enhancements in all aspects of the application, many of which are industry-firsts.
- Automatic Clash Resolution: New, redesigned engine features industry’s most sophisticated algorithms to proactively identify multi-wall clashes and recommend course of action to resolve them, eliminating any possible conflicts.
- Enterprise-class Scalability: Significantly improved scalability, tested with 25 million documents per library in both centralized and distributed deployment scenarios.
- Entirely Based on Business Rules: Executes business rules defined during the wall creation process, nothing hardcoded.
- Microsoft Technology Stack: Entirely written in .NET.
- Compliguard Protect 6 features advanced integration with Microsoft Exchange, extending wall security seamlessly to email messages.
- System automatically detects potential wall breaches based on recipients of an email and warns the email author of potential conflict and preventing accidental email exchanges between opposing sides of a wall.
- Features fully customizable thresholds, including the ability to specify email volume, size and number of attachments.
- All integrations are now standard plug-ins across all clients, requiring no custom scripting for any client. Any enhancements and upgrades to plug-ins can be utilized across all Compliguard Protect clients.
- Standard integration plug-ins are available for Autonomy iManage, OpenText eDOCS DM, OpenText eDOCS DOCS Open, NetDocuments, LegalKEY Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Records Management, Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) 2007-2010, Elite 3E, Elite Enterprise, Carpe Diem, DTE, Aderant Expert, Interaction CRM, Accutrac and network file shares.
- Wall Membership Delegation: Wall administrators can now delegate user management to lawyers and secretaries, allowing them to directly control wall membership. The application ensures there is no conflict for anyone requested to be added to a side/wall. If there is a conflict, the system rejects the addition and alerts the designated personnel as per the wall definition.
- Dynamic Groups: Compliguard Protect 6 allows wall administrators to create a dynamic group, based on criteria such as “all partners in litigation”. The system then queries the firm’s HR system and dynamically updates group membership. Security can then be applied for the dynamic group and as the membership updates, the wall self-maintains membership.
- Granular Security: Users can now have different levels of security, including no-access, read-only, modify, create, etc. Users can also have different levels of security against different systems, e.g. read-only on network file share, read-write on DM system, and no-access on CRM system.
- Application now understands natural language acknowledgements. Users can simply reply to the notification email from their desktop email client, iPhone, BlackBerry, or any other device and type in plain English a phrase such as “I accept” or “I reject” or “I acknowledge” and the system automatically interprets the response.
- Completely redesigned dashboard now more functional, provides single-click access to more functions, features more statistical data to aid wall administrators.
- Additional UI enhancements to new-wall-creation-wizard further simplifies what is already considered the best user experience in the market for an ethical walls system.
- Additional report templates provide more flexible reporting functionality out-of-the-box.
- Advanced Excel-exporting options allow administrators to easily export data to Excel for further analysis.
- More comprehensive logging options for specific matter types such as price-sensitive matters, facilitating more extensive audit capabilities.
- Enhanced filtering functionality to analyze log files with greater ease.
- Authoritative Security Clearance: Compliguard Protect 6 supports API calls from third party applications to provide “authoritative security clearance”. Law firm applications can now programmatically check and see if they should grant access to a user requesting access to data.
- Integration with Business Intake Workflows: Following the success of seamless integration with Frayman Group’s new business intake (NBI) platform Compliguard Flow2, Compliguard Protect 6 now supports API calls from third party NBI applications based on Metastorm, K2 and others, allowing these applications to directly provide data to the confidentiality management system, enabling automatic establishment of ethical walls based on data collected during the NBI process.
- Published APIs: All API calls are fully documented, published and feature sample code.
Secure Information Effortlessly
Avoid compliance violations with great ease, leverage comprehensive security and confidentiality capabilities to secure sensitive information.
Monitor Unusual Activity
Automatic Self-Monitoring System
Stop potential breaches before they occur by automating ethical wall creation, dynamic updates of new timekeepers and new matters, and reversal of manual security changes.
Comply with Global Ethics
Intuitive and Non-intrusive
Scale with Speed & Efficiency
Deploy in weeks with out-of-the box application integrations, ethical walltemplates and wizards. Protect and monitor more than 25 million documents per DM library.
Reporting, Audit Trail, Notifications
Leverage out-of-the-box reports, alerts and notifications. Create custom alerts and notifications with great ease. Leverage enterprise-strength reporting capabilities based on Crystal Reports.
- Real Business Perspective: Designed to be used by law firm risk professionals who understand liability exposure, Compliguard Protect greatly reduces the need for IT staff to establish, maintain and monitor information barriers
- Centralized Control: Full-featured centralized control of all ethical walls and security settings across all systems with a Web-based administrative console, enabling control and monitoring across offices, systems and applications
- Self-maintaining Barriers: Features dynamic ethical wall creation and updates based on lawyer activity such as document access and time posted
- Flexible Scenarios: Easily accommodates changes in team structure, allows for easy inclusion/exclusion of contract lawyers and other temporary help
- Compliance Auditing & Reporting: Provides comprehensive support for global ethical requirements, including a fully customizable framework to satisfy the most stringent reporting and real time notification requirements
- Full Audit Trail: Ensures all system activity is securely captured for full compliance reviews
- Modern, Rich User Experience: A rich Internet application that leverages user-friendly interface controls
- Easy to Personalize Interface Templates: Allows effortless firm-branding of web-based user interface
- Zero Footprint Desktop: Requires no user desktop installation
- Unified Administration Console: Browser-based modular administration interface which allows easy management of templates, business rules and user permissions
- .NET Application: Built on Microsoft technology stack, IT-friendly solution
- Multi-tier, Service Oriented Architecture: Accommodates centralized and distributed environments out-of-the-box, delivers flexibility to the firm based on their needs