Version 6 Features An Improved Predictive Engine, Enhanced Security Model Including Dynamic Groups And Delegation, Microsoft Exchange Integration For Securing Data In Motion, Standard Plug-Ins For All Integrations, Enhanced APIs, Updated Notifications, Reporting, And More…
New York City — (December 6, 2011) – Frayman Group, a leading provider of new business intake and risk management software for law firms, today announced Compliguard Protect 6, the legal industry’s most comprehensive information barriers, ethical walls and confidentiality management system. Compliguard Protect 6 features a complete overhaul, new features and functionality, and overall improvement across of all key functions relevant for an enterprise-class confidentiality management application.
“With Compliguard Protect 6, we are delivering a product to market all other confidentiality management solutions will be measured against,” said Mohit Thawani, SVP Products at Frayman Group.
“Compliguard Protect 6 is the result of direct consultation with our global install base of confidentiality management customers, encompassing mid-side firms as well as some of the largest multi-nationals,” added Thawani. “We have improved every aspect of the application and delivered new functionality and features not available in any other confidentiality management application in the market.”
Compliguard Protect 6 features advanced new functionality and enhancements in all aspects of the application, many of which are industry-firsts, including:
Predictive Clash Resolution Engine:
- Automatic Clash Resolution: New, redesigned engine features industry’s most sophisticated algorithms to proactively identify multi-wall clashes and recommend course of action to resolve them, eliminating any possible conflicts.
- Enterprise-class Scalability: Significantly improved scalability, tested with 25 million documents per library in both centralized and distributed deployment scenarios.
- Entirely Based on Business Rules: Executes business rules defined during the wall creation process, nothing hardcoded.
- Microsoft Technology Stack: Entirely written in .NET.
Data-In-Motion Confidentiality Management:
- Compliguard Protect 6 features advanced integration with Microsoft Exchange, extending wall security seamlessly to email messages.
- System automatically detects potential wall breaches based on recipients of an email and warns the email author of potential conflict and preventing accidental email exchanges between opposing sides of a wall.
- Features fully customizable thresholds, including the ability to specify email volume, size and number of attachments.
Standard Integration Layer and Plug-ins:
- All integrations are now standard plug-ins across all clients, requiring no custom scripting for any client. Any enhancements and upgrades to plug-ins can be utilized across all Compliguard Protect clients.
- Standard integration plug-ins are available for Autonomy iManage, OpenText eDOCS DM, OpenText eDOCS DOCS Open, NetDocuments, LegalKEY Conflicts Management, LegalKEY Records Management, Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) 2007-2010, Elite 3E, Elite Enterprise, Carpe Diem, DTE, Aderant Expert, Interaction CRM, Accutrac and network file shares.
Enhanced Security Model:
- Wall Membership Delegation: Wall administrators can now delegate user management to lawyers and secretaries, allowing them to directly control wall membership. The application ensures there is no conflict for anyone requested to be added to a side/wall. If there is a conflict, the system rejects the addition and alerts the designated personnel as per the wall definition.
- Dynamic Groups: Compliguard Protect 6 allows wall administrators to create a dynamic group, based on criteria such as “all partners in litigation”. The system then queries the firm’s HR system and dynamically updates group membership. Security can then be applied for the dynamic group and as the membership updates, the wall self-maintains membership.
- Granular Security: Users can now have different levels of security, including no-access, read-only, modify, create, etc. Users can also have different levels of security against different systems, e.g. read-only on network file share, read-write on DM system, and no-access on CRM system.
Enhanced Notification System Featuring Natural Language Acknowledgement Support:
- Fully configurable, fully customizable notification and acknowledgement templates, now even easier to create, customize and maintain.
- Full support for both event-driven and scheduled notifications.
- Application now understands natural language acknowledgements. Users can simply reply to the notification email from their desktop email client, iPhone, BlackBerry, or any other device and type in plain English a phrase such as “I accept” or “I reject” or “I acknowledge” and the system automatically interprets the response.
New Dashboard and Improved User Experience:
- Completely redesigned dashboard now more functional, provides single-click access to more functions, features more statistical data to aid wall administrators.
- Additional UI enhancements to new-wall-creation-wizard further simplifies what is already considered the best user experience in the market for an ethical walls system.
Reporting, Logging and Auditing:
- Additional report templates provide more flexible reporting functionality out-of-the-box.
- Advanced Excel-exporting options allow administrators to easily export data to Excel for further analysis.
- More comprehensive logging options for specific matter types such as price-sensitive matters, facilitating more extensive audit capabilities.
- Enhanced filtering functionality to analyze log files with great ease.
Extended Published APIs:
- Authoritative Security Clearance: Compliguard Protect 6 supports API calls from third party applications to provide “authoritative security clearance”. Law firm applications can now programmatically check and see if they should grant access to a user requesting access to data.
- Integration with Business Intake Workflows: Following the success of seamless integration with Frayman Group’s new business intake (NBI) platform Compliguard Flow2, Compliguard Protect 6 now supports API calls from third party NBI applications based on Metastorm, K2 and others, allowing these applications to directly provide data to the confidentiality management system, enabling automatic establishment of ethical walls based on data collected during the NBI process.
- Published APIs: All API calls are fully documented, published and feature sample code.
Compliguard Protect 6 is built on the latest Microsoft technology, requiring nothing but a web browser on the client desktop to operate. The product is expected to be generally available in Q1 2012.
About Frayman Group
Frayman Group, a leading provider of new business intake and risk management software for law firms, combines industry expertise with innovative technology to help customers automate business processes, mitigate risk, manage compliance and improve competitiveness. The company is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit fraymangroup.com, follow Frayman Group on Twitter and Facebook.
The Frayman Group
# # #